Scott A. Matison
Since 2009, Scott Matison has focused solely on matters of family law including, divorce, custody, support, abuse, adoptions and name changes. He handles property settlement agreements, prenuptial agreements, alimony matters and equitable distribution.
Mr. Matison practices in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and has experience handling cases with a variety of financial circumstances. He previously practiced family law for nationally recognized law firms in the Philadelphia area and New Jersey. With offices in both Philadelphia and Media, Mr. Matison is now using that experience to continue helping his clients in the most cost-effective manner.
Mr. Matison served as the co-chair of the Equitable Distribution and Alimony Committee, Montgomery County Bar Association, where he drafted changes to local court rules and planned programs on new developments in equitable distribution and alimony matters.
In 2017, Mr. Matison was selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers, a designation only 2.5 percent of attorneys receive in Pennsylvania. He is also a frequent author and presenter on family law topics for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pennsylvania Bar Association and Pennsylvania Family Lawyer.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania since January 2009
- Supreme Court of New Jersey since December 2008
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey since December 2008
- Certified Mediator in the State of New Jersey since December 2008
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and Family Law Section since 2009
- Member of the Montgomery County Bar Association and Family Law Section since 2009
- Co-Chair of the Montgomery County Bar Association Equitable Distribution and Alimony Committee 2011-2013
- Member of the Doris Jonas Freed Inn of Court since September 2010
- Member of the Nicholas Cipriani Inn of Court 2009 – 2010
- Member of the Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inn of Court 2008-2009
- The Difficulties of Undoing the Status Quo of a Temporary Custody Order – Pennsylvania Family Lawyer September 2015
- Co-Author of Pennsylvania Bar Institute Slicing Up the Pie – Equitable Distribution Update for 2015
- Co-Author of Pennsylvania Bar Institute Equitable Distribution Case Law Update for 2013
- Co-Author of Pennsylvania Bar Institute Equitable Distribution Case Law Update for 2010
- Child Support: Will I Really Have to Pay for My Child’s College? – Obermayer Family Matters April 15, 2014
- Dog Owners: Beware of Divorce – Obermayer Family Matters November 24, 2014
- Technology Hot Tips for Family Lawyers – Montgomery Bar Association 2016
- Family Court Goes to Drug Court – Doris Jonas Freed Inn of Court 2016
- Supreme Court: Seminal Cases Impacting Family Law – Montgomery Bar Association 2015
- Tax and Valuation Issues in Equitable Distribution – Doris Jonas Freed Inn of Court 2015
- Civility Among Lawyers and Self-Represented Litigants – Doris Jonas Freed Inn of Court 2014
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Summer Meeting – Support Case Law Update 2013
- Divorce and Immigration Issues – Nicholas Cipriani Inn of Court 2010
- Rutgers, The State University, School of Law – Camden (JD ’08)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (BA ’05)